Dragonfly

Female Blue Dasher

Dragonfly%2520130428-03%2520web.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 Around 3:1 magnification. The reason I love getting this close is you can clearly see that their compound eyes are hexagonal.
Dragonfly%2520130428-02%2520web.jpg

C&C is always welcome.

I have a couple of those, but never reversed one. I have used them on bellows, but that is a huge PITA in the field. How are you lighting the shots?

Here's my current rig. The lens in the pic is an El-Nikkor 50mm f/2.8, but I've been using a Tamron 48.5mm f/2.8 a lot lately. I've never used a bellows before so I don't know how the size compares to using the tubes like I have.

DSLR%2520Macro%2520Rig%2520130402.jpg

Nice - Thanks! I have that EL-Nikkor, Tubes, a reversing ring... the wheels are turning. I will definitely give that a try.

I have looked at the Graslon, but never seen one in use - the lighting in your pics is certainly a selling point.

No problem. At the distances I work with it's almost like a tent over the subject. I don't have any "real" macro lenses so I'm not sure how great it will work with the longer focal length ones like 105mm or 150mm.

I'm not sure that you need any "real" macro lenses.:biggrin: Thanks again for the set-up, it gives me some ideas and looks like a lot of fun.

I really appreciate your sharing your set-up. I'm always amazed at these kinds of shots, and you have given me something to work towards. Thanks again!

No problem. I learned a lot from looking at other peoples rigs so hopefully people can learn from mine as well.

Very cool set-up...!

I would imagine the enlarger lens would have little or no field
curvature being made for printing...?

Neat idea...! :cool:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom