Dragonflys

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by biggstr6, Jul 26, 2005.

1. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    I really want to get a reverse lens mount to get some super closeups , but until then I ll have to use my 105. These were with the d70 & d2h

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I don't think you need any reversing rings...these are spectacular as is...!! :wink:

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Those are great. I especially love the first 2!

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Bigg,

Don't know why you would want to shoot with any other lens but this one. These are excellent. OK, after seeing Martin's and Mike's super close-ups using the reversed lens technique, I guess I can understand, but for 'normal' macro shots, these are great. :wink:

5. Very nice macro images.

6. Excellent macro shots.

7. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Thanks Guys ,I appreciate the comments. Im happy with these but I think it would be neat to get in there and count the hairs on these suckers.

8. Are you using the Nikon 105mm micro? If so, then you do not need to use the lens reversal technique. The 105mm will give you a reprod.ratio of 1:1 which is sufficent for just the eyes and their facets.
    L-R-Tech is for high magnification of R/R of 2X up to 10X plus.
    BW. Bob F.