1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Dragons...It's been a while.... recycled.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Spectre, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Well,
    It has been a while since I posted any Dragons. It's been almost a month now without my camera since it was stolen. I thought I would dig into the archives and throw out a few dragons just for fun. Keep in mind all of these were shot earlier in the year, so they are recycled... here goes.

1. Widow Skimmer

[​IMG]

2. Widow Skimmer

[​IMG]

3. California Darner

[​IMG]

4.Blue Dasher

[​IMG]

5.Western Pondhawk - Female

[​IMG]

6.Western Pondhawk - Male

[​IMG]

7. Twelve Spotted Skimmer

[​IMG]

8.Common Green Darner

[​IMG]

9.Blue Dasher

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2008
  2. So nice Paul! A shame what that (*& insurance company is doing to you!!!

3. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Really beautiful shots Paul. The Pondhawks are real pretty. I guess they are quite common? Love the Darner a lot too. Really great light on the Widow Skimmer.

4. Great shots Paul!

What´s with the insurance company???

5. Still love em recycled.
    glenn

6. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Thanks Rich.... Still waiting.

Thanks Torben. The Pondhawks are probably the most common in the area where I shoot, followed closely by the Twelve Spotted Skimmers. This is the only shot at the Green Darner that I had this year.

Thanks Jukka, I'm still waiting for the insurance company to finish their "investigation" of my stuff getting stolen. At this point all I can do is wait.

Thanks Glenn, I really should dig out more.

7. These are stunning! I wish I were closer, I'd drive out and let you borrow some gear....... I hope the insurance company takes care of you soon.

8. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Thanks Sonya.
    I appreciate the offer.... Right now it's just a matter of waiting for the insurance company. I hope it is soon as well.

9. paul,
    these are terrific
    i'm glad you have posted this thread

i hope that your "camera issues" are fully resolved soon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.