Dragons....

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Spectre, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Well Folks,

These may be some of the last dragons you see from me for a while.. Since all of my camera gear was stolen this morning.

These dragons are from my archive of previously taken but unprocessed images. I have enough to last a while but most of the fun is going out taking them, then sharing them, not just digging through my "stash" of dragons and just posting....... I don't know, we'll see.

Anyway, here a few more.... hope you enjoy.

All of these were shot with the D300/300mm AF-s

1. Twelve Spotted Skimmer

[​IMG]

2. Immature Western Pondhawk Male

[​IMG]

3. Widow Skimmer

[​IMG]

4. Western River Cruiser

[​IMG]

5. Western River Cruiser

[​IMG]

6. Blue Dasher Female

[​IMG]

7. Western Pondhawk Male

[​IMG]

2. Paul....
    great shots
    i know that posting them is bittersweet for you
    i truly hope that you will focus on more important things today
    as your famous post in that other thread stated

thanks for sharing these
    i know it was hard for you to do so

3. These are all beautiful shots, very well done. That really is sad news about your camera being stolen.

4. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Thanks Greg

Thank you.... I enjoy taking these.

5. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Great shots Paul. Love those pondhawks. Sorry to hear about your gear. I hope you can get it replaced soon.

6. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Thanks Torben.... we'll see how it pans out.

7. trwigg

trwigg

Jul 11, 2008
    texas
    Sorry to hear about your gear. I have really enjoyed your post of the dragon fly's. I am hooked now. I just wish I could locate some of them and get close enough for shots like yours.

8. Awesome images.
    I'm sorry about your gear, just reading about it now. How horrible!

9. Love those river cruisers! Again, hope all works out with your equipment. What happened to you tipped it in for me. Made call to my agent to find out if I am covered and how. I am also laying all my junk out on a sheet and grabbing some shots and FINALLY gonna get all info and serials down someplace.

Paul next time you are on maybe you can tell me what that one is that I think is some kinda clubtail? It's under that kayak post
    glenn

10. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Thanks Tim. Dragon hunting is addictive.

Thanks Linda.

Glenn,
    The River Cruisers are huge compared to most of the other dragons I shoot. I'm impressed by how long their legs are.

Glad I could be of some help in spurring you into recording your serial#'s and getting everything insured. I do what I can to help!:biggrin:

11. Good shots ! Interesting species.

12. Hi Paul!

So sorry to hear about your loss! Hopefully things work out the best way!

Excellent shots!

13. glewis1

glewis1

Aug 24, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    wow....great shots. Thats a bummer to hear about your gear. I cant imagine how hard that would be to deal with.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.