Dramatic Sky

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by greyflash, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Tonights sky from my backyard.

2. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Gordon

I have to walk half an hour while you sitting at your veranda with a cold one beside you rise yourself from your comfortable chair and take this stunning picture,is that fair? :wink: :wink: :wink:

3. Wow, Gordon! Looks like a classical photo wallpaper.
    I agree with Hans :lol:
    Cheers

4. luv the moodiness and color Gordon, looks like you did a great job capturing it. Well done!

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful

Pardon if i am not typing much folks. Two fingers taped together is not easy to type or use mouse :<((

Pulled a tendon.)

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Nice shy Gordon! Good use of silhouette! Is that virga in the middle of the cloud?

Ggaallee,, wweellll jjuusstt ttyyppee sslloowweerr.

7. Very nice colors, Gordon!

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Beautiful shot, Gordon. Sometimes the best captures are right in your own backyard.

9. Awesome sur ewihs I had views liek thsi from my backyard

10. Thanks everyone, we had almost 2" of rain to go with it and lots of lightning. Very late in the evening this sky developed.

11. Love that sky but you can have the rain!!! Nice shot Gordon

12. When you live in the desert you welcome any rain that you get. We average (normally) about 8" a year. Most every day is sunshine bright.

13. Henk

Henk Guest

WOW Gordon, I wish I had a backyard like yours. Beautiful shot!

Best regards

Henk

14. curious to know what lense you used ? Wonderful color.

15. Gordon;

Beautiful sunset. The clouds do look a bit angry, either the end of the storm or a preview of coming attractions.

When I watched the news coverage of that storm, I wondered if you had any flooding. I'll assume all is well.

Brian

16. Gordon, awesome sky. I have so many trees around my house I barely see a sunset.

17. What a gorgeous view (and picture of it!) I live right in the city, so I only have a teeny view of the sky before it's covered over with trees or other houses! Not complaining though...I love my trees! Thanks for sharing your lovely view!

18. Hi Gordon -

Lots of depth in that ominous sky! Good job . . .

Eric

19. Thanks so much for all of your nice comments. I was in Zion's today for a paid photo shoot and could have used a sky like that to good advantage. A day late and a dollar short.

20. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    We had a huge one last night too! I'd have shot the lightning, but I was busy out driving (or for you easterners, boating) in it.