1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Dream time

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by PhotogWannabe, Aug 27, 2008.

1. PhotogWannabe

PhotogWannabe

Mar 19, 2007
    BC
    We went out for a drive today and stumbled on a local Great Blue Heron Reserve. Didn't know we had one; unfortunately, all the GBHs had left for the season. Walked around anyway and found some nice flowers to photograph. Here's one...

D300, 80-200 f2.8 - 200@2.8, -2/3 EV

2801748611_5662472dfc_o.
    NIKON D300    ---    200mm    f/2.8    1/5000s    ISO 200

2. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    like it. but its really not in focus. not sure what happened..

3. husawis

husawis Guest

Paul -Interesting shot and composition. Could you share what you wer trying to do here? Was a dreamscape perhaps, if so it spoke loudly.

4. PhotogWannabe

PhotogWannabe

Mar 19, 2007
    BC
    Hmm, hard to respond to this one. Maybe the answer below will help.

This was a completely accidental shot. I had my telephoto on (it's a big heavy sucker) and saw this flower. It was probably the only one and it just was there needing to have a picture taken of it. Being of an older age I guess I'm not as steady as I used to while hand holding and it came out ever so slightly blurred. To my eyes it's not so blurry as to be useless but just softly blurry. Hence the title - "Dream time." For me it has a dream like state to it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.