Dreams of falling

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by greyflash, Dec 6, 2005.

1. My first try with the polar coordinates distortion. This could give you nightmares.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2005
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    OHHHHH dear.. I know what image that is :>)))

Very well done.

3. You're on a roll, Gordon...sorry about the pun. Did you have fun? I wonder how this might look it you rotated the canvas a little. I think it would be nicer if we could see your wife from a slightly different angle.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

4. Thanks Gale and yes it is the image your thinking about.

5. It was fun to do that and I have tried several other images as well. As to rotating the canvas some I have actually already done that and I like it better. Perhaps I will change this image out with the new one. Thanks for your comments.

OK, I have changed it out.

6. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Good thing she didn't view that before posing at the edge......would have made her dizzy!

7. Gordon...That is real interesting and I thought it was a bird. You did a good job on this. I haven't tried it but they do look like fun. Can you tell me which distortion you used for this?

8. It's a great distortion, very effective.

Told you it's a bit scary :biggrin:

9. Wow Gordon, nice result of this technique. On the original picture she looked precariously close to "falling", but this one really gives me dizzy spells. Well done!

10. Melisa, see this thread for the tutorial.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  11. Gordon, great use of the distortion. I really love the effect. It looks like taking a picture through a transparent sphere.

12. Ken, Melissa, Phil, Frits and Dao;

The effect even made me dizzy looking at it. I appreciate your comments and Dao, I was thinking your right, I was thinking of a large drop of water with this reflection in it. Good observation.

Mellisa, I see that Phil has given you the link to the tutorial. It is really quite simple and I tried several different pictures today.

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gordon I like the rotated one better. Boy now it looks like she if reallyyyyy getting sucked down the drain.

Tree and all :>))

14. Thanks Gale, I think it's better that way as well.

15. Hi Gordon ! seems that you cought the fever too ?!?

Nice use of the technique, but..... did you show it to your wife ? I know i daren't show her the one i made :wink: !

Cheers,
    J-P.

16. Actually J-P I haven't shown her this image. Chicken I guess.:rolleyes:

17. Now that is freaky

18. :biggrin: I thought so:biggrin:

19. Freaky, yeah, but in a good way. I just love the result you got there, Gordon! :biggrin: Now, don't be a chicken and show it your wife: I'm sure she'll appreciate your creativity! :rolleyes:

20. Discretion is the better part of valor and my wife is already afraid of heights. I think not.:wink: