Dreams.

In his beautiful image of "Trees of Yellowstone" Glenn emphasizes a technique that I learned several years ago from famous Canadian photographer Freeman Patterson.
He calls these images "subrealistic" and in his book he makes them part of what he calls "side thinking." His book "Photography and the Art of Seeing" is highly recommended to those photographers who want to learn better creative ways to make new pictures and brake with the routine.

To photograph something like this no special lens or camera is needed. Any camera and any lens will do the job.
I used my D7000 with the 18-70 f3.5-4.5 kit lens, set the aperture to f22 in the manual mode with a shutter speed of 1/4sec., slow enough to allow me to spin the camera slightly during the exposure. My subject was in open shade in the early morning hours.To accentuate the effect a bit more I used a light setting of the Gaussian Blur to something like 45%. I needed some contrast when I finished editing.
Original RAW with slight fine tuning to WB that was set to sunlight.
I edit my RAW files with Nikon Capture NX2.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom