Dreamy Flowers.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by camerapapi, Aug 20, 2008.

1. We have been very lucky that in spite of the storm, that poured copious amounts of water and had gusty winds to 50 MPH, our garden did not suffer. Indeed we are all fine. I have been into hurricanes since I was born so, although scary, I am used to them.
    Since venturing out has been dangerous I had stay home and to keep active I have once again photographed in our garden. This time I tried something different.
    I used my D2H with my old 80-200 f4.5 (1974) AI converted lens attached. To get closer to my subject I used a 3T Nikon accessory close up lens. Focal length was 200mm.
    The camera was on my Gitzo tripod with Linhof ballhead. I set the aperture to f16 to gain depth of field. I used center weighted metering but added 2/3 stop to the meter reading of a medium tonality because I already knew that was exactly the compensation I needed to get my best exposures with my camera. Mirror was locked up. WB set to cloudy - 1.
    In Photoshop I burned in the leaves around the flowers to my taste. I then used a Gaussian blur in layers to create the dreamy effect I like so much.
    I have the tendency to shoot macros wide open but in this case I knew I needed the depth of field so I closed the lens to f16.
    I just sharpened the file a bit using FM Intellisharpen software. Original RAW, Adobe RGB color space but converted to sRGB for the web.
    I hope you enjoy looking at it.

Flowers-Dream.

William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.