1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Critique Driftwood Beach

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by gnagel, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Driftwood Beach, Jekyll Island, Georgia

p3243915087-5.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking...
    Glenn

• Like Like x 4
  2. Nice...looks like some storms have moved some of the downed trees off the beach.

3. Thanks...it's hard for me to say since it was my first visit to Driftwood Beach. The tide was very low at the time of this exposure...so that might have something to do with it.

Glenn

4. I like it
    looks like Boneyard Beach in SC

5. Lots of nice things going in here, especially the textures.

6. Very nice.

7. Thanks Randy...after doing a Google search, it certainly does look a lot like Boneyard Beach. Driftwood Beach was on my travel wish list for a couple of years. I'll have to add Boneyard Beach to that list.

Glenn

8. Thanks Rolf
    Thank you, Bill

Glenn

9. Marvellous b&w image with a strong composition, Glenn!

10. It deserves to be included in your "best of 2018" thread. Clearly, you posted that thread a few days too soon.

11. Thank you, Bart
    Thanks Mike! Truth be told, my "best of 2018" collection would be more accurately described as my "Trailing 12 Month" collection at the time I compile it. So, maybe this one will be included in next year's thread!

Glenn

12. Stunning shot, Glenn!

13. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Yep, those leading lines in that tree, the wonderful framing of the distant scape also creates a magical portrait. The hard sun is handled well with your conversion.

14. Thank you, Dossy!
    Thanks Wade...I was very surprised that the pictures I captured at Driftwood Beach during the middle of the day were keepers. I was there mostly to scout for the evening shoot. Later, the tide came in and none of the compositions I had scouted were possible. But, I did like the way the midday photographs turned out.

Glenn

15. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Yes, sometimes those tides mean shooting middle of the day, and I had to do the same back in 02 in a few national parks due to time constraints, but many of those conversions ended up my favorites even with midday sun.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.