Drive-by Photography - Google Style.

A few months ago, as I was about to enter my car and go to work, a small car with a one-and-a-half foot black pole mounted vertically onto the roof drove by. This happened shortly after I'd heard about Google beginning their Street View and it got me to wondering. Well, lo and behold, today my brother emails these screen captures to me . . .

GoogleLee1web.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

GoogleLee2web.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yep, that's me about to connect the battery on the old Chrysler!

Thats pretty funny. How did your brother find it so quickly?

I always wondered how they remove all the people from there images:confused:

They don't, they simple do it when there isn't a lot of people on the streets, they will drive the same street at different times of the day. If there are people in there, Google has face blurring technology to blur out any faces.

. . . And advertisements (see 7-11 mug in my hand) and license plates (see back of my car).

We don't know how long the picture has been up, but the picture was taken sometime in late 2007 (see the copyright "Google 2007" on the fender of the green car). My brother did a search for my address and there I was!

Now that is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually was just looking at maps.live.com at my old house. The satellite caught me in the backyard training my dogs! :eek: :eek:

Type in: 32 Timberline Road, Millis, MA and go to bird's eye view. click on the W view. The marker is in the slightly wrong place, look 2 houses up to the right, yellow house / white Expedition in driveway, fenced back yard. You can see my agility equipment (dogwalk / teeter / jumps), and just off the back of the house, you can see a white dot and several black dots. Yep.....me training my dogs (from space! :eek: ).

Now that is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually was just looking at maps.live.com at my old house. The satellite caught me in the backyard training my dogs! :eek: :eek:

Type in: 32 Timberline Road, Millis, MA and go to bird's eye view. click on the W view. The marker is in the slightly wrong place, look 2 houses up to the right, yellow house / white Expedition in driveway, fenced back yard. You can see my agility equipment (dogwalk / teeter / jumps), and just off the back of the house, you can see a white dot and several black dots. Yep.....me training my dogs (from space! :eek: ).

if you'd been pregnant then Gretchen you'd have been easier to spot!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I just checked my address and saw my car in the driveway. It must have been taken this last October. I have my HHR (bought a year ago in May) and the neighbor's Holloween decorations are up

Street view just went live in Australia today, very interesting...

- a quote from an Aussie news service

"The program was launched in the United States last year and has had its share of controversy, famously publishing images of a woman in a G-string, a man striding into an adult bookshop and a man relieving himself on a pavement. Many of those images have now been removed. "

I'm sure there's some funny stuff to be found :biggrin:

On a serious note I used it today to checkout a hotel we will be staying in at Melbourne this weekend - was able to look at what restaurants were nearby etc...

Latest threads

Top Bottom