Drizzly Damp Morning Swallows

And the swallows were laying low but I did manage to get a couple of shots before it started pouting again that are sort of cute... (all were D2X~500AFSII~TC14EII)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

PGB

Beautiful. I'm surprised that they were still long enough for you to get the shot.

Very impressive. Thanks for sharing

Thanks Sandi....

I find that on cold cruddy morning, I can catch these guys sitting and at times almost walk up to them. They're a b*itch to shoot when they are flying :)

Don

These were taken from about 20' away witrh the 500 and a TC..

I'm starting to lust again after a 600.....

Great shots Jim. The second looks like it could use just a tad less USM, but that may just be the way the light is hitting the bird.

I too am lusting for the 600 f4, and I also want the 28-70, but they are just going to have to wait until at least next year. :(

Regards,

Frank

Re: FrankE

jfenton said:
It's the way the light is hitting the bird :)
Yeah, I looked at it again, and I think you are right. 8)

I'm amazed at the color saturation that you've gotten at such a range in such poor light. Did you do anything special?

Frank

Frank

Nope....

Shot in Adobe RGB and Color Mode III...although the shot of the swallow on the thorn branch I actually converted back to plain old Adobe RGB in NC.

Love the colors Jim, and certainly no issues with sharpness with these! Your 2nd D2X looks really good. I was originally saving for a D2H plus some decent glass, but after seeing pictures like these, I may just save for a while longer and go for D2X.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom