Dropped my D70

Yes I know, stupid, stupid, stupid. :oops: I had it sitting in it's case on a table in our boat. I was focused on driving and did not notice it slowly work it's way to the edge. The LCD is completly shot nothing but horizontal bars and a nice crack to boot. The rest of the camera seems to function fine. I don't know what the pictures look like yet, I am afraid to find out. Thank the lord above that I insured it a couple of months ago. Still I will have to go through the claim process and wait for repair/replacement. :evil: :evil: :cry:
No need to respond to this but I had to vent to folks who would understand.

P.S. :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:
OK now I feel a little better

Real Name
Chris
Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry Matt. I have my gear insured too, but I still live in constant fear of dropping it. Just don't want to be without it while I wait for the claim to be processed, so I can feel for you. :?

Matt, so sorry to hear about your experience. Every time that I am in a hurry and handle my equipment with a little less caution, I think about what would happen if I dropped something and what it would take (money/headaches) to have it repaired...then I always seem to slow down and use the due caution that is necessary with delicate camera stuff. I hate reading about others having experiences like yours because I realize that it is only a matter of time until I damage something.

Hopefully, your damage won't be extensive and costly and you'll be shooting with it real soon. Thanks for sharing your story...as hard as it must have been! :(

K

Ken-L

That's awful! Terrible luck and news.....but glad to know you had insurance.

I don't have mine covered.....I did a Google search, didn't find any "stand-alone" policies, but saw comments that Allstate and State Farm have riders that cost about $10 per $1,000 of coverage. I'm going to check into that with my State Farm agent.....

Ken,

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm using the State Farm $10 per $1,000 policy.

Flew said:
Ken,

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm using the State Farm $10 per $1,000 policy.

No highjack at all. That is exactly the insurance that I have. Speaking of which, do you know if dropping the camera is covered? I believe it is. When I got it I asked many questions about water damage or loss and their responce was "look, it is even covered for mysterious dissapearance".

Good news is that I have pulled pics (post drop) off the camera and they seem fine. So at least I can keep shooting this weekend until I go see my State Farm Agent on Monday.

K

kg74

Ask your insurance company if it is covered. They have to tell you by law. If it is covered, make sure the side effects, higher premiums, don't offset the cost of repairs.

Maybe call Nikon and ask how much it would be to repair.

Then do a cost benefit.

J

JordanLFW

Another choice, besides insurance, is a store warranty. I got my D70 covered by Ritz for 1 year. Covered for any repairs, as long as I can hand them the camera.

Latest threads

Top Bottom