Dropped SB600

I took my knapsack out of my car today completely forgetting the bottom was unzipped and flung it over my shoulder, then I heard the sound of something hitting the asphalt, my SB600. It powers on and the display works, it was flashing when I pressed the FLASH button, but now it wont. I have mounted it on two different bodies and it does not flash in any mode. Guess it has to go in for an estimate. Any ideas?

Yep, send. my wife has dropped my SB800 same deal as you. it tool 3 weeks and $129 I feel for you .. luckily I have 4 flashes I was able to get by.. good luck

I had exactly the same thing happen with an SB800. It is now at Nikon on "parts hold" :mad: Estimate is $171 including return shipping :frown:

I sent my SB800 in for repairs caused by dropping it and the final bill with shipping was $128.00. Not a good lesson to have to learn.

My SB600 fell about a foot off my car seat . After that it would just turn itself off with a slight bump . I opened it myself , moved all the plugs around , closed it again and it's been fine since . Still wondering what was wrong though .

A few months ago I was at a Japanese garden when I heard a loud noise. An SB-800 fell out of my bag and hit the wooden deck I was standing upon. The battery cover came off and the batteries were rolling towards the edge of the deck. I recovered them at the last moment. They nearly went into the murky pond. Fortunately, nothing was wrong with the SB-800. Apparently, the wood attenuated the fall.

I dropped mine a few weeks back, a SB600 that is and the estimate was not worth the repairs. Instead they offered to sell me a new one at a discounted rate. I opted to instead upgrade to a SB800 for 300.00 new with 3 yr warranty.

My estimate is $109. :smile:

You are almost bank on, its $111 with tax brings it to $126.00. Not sure what to do, its about half the price of a new flash. Have to think about it, they didn't say anything in their voice mail about offering a rebate on a newer one and just said a circuit has to be replaced.

AM

That's a tough one but I do believe they completely refurbish your flash when they fix it. My SB800 was $128 with shipping and I went ahead and got it fixed.

C

CougarWilbur

That's a tough one but I do believe they completely refurbish your flash when they fix it. My SB800 was $128 with shipping and I went ahead and got it fixed.

Does 'refurbish' include fresh batteries?

Latest threads

Top Bottom