Dry Run Road III

My wife and I walked Dry Run Road again today. I've posted two previous threads from that route earlier this Spring on March 22 and April 10. Of course the plants and flowers are very different now but we still found some interesting blossoms.

1. Leather flower
_JZ63823.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2.Leather flower
_JZ63827.jpg

3. Carolina lily
_JZ63814.jpg

4. Bell flower
_JZ63831.jpg

5. The green tunnel
_JZ63810.jpg

The road has been closed to through traffic for a couple of months as it had been washed out by high water from "Dry" Run. But that suits us fine as it keeps vehicle traffic to a bare minimum. Today we saw only one car in about 1.5 hours.

6. Road Closed
_JZ63828.jpg

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
We over-nighted in Page, then went on to Moab. We had a glorious day in Arches NP. Then we spent 3 nights in Golden, Co. Couldn't drive through the Rock Mountain National Forest because we didn't register online for a time slot to enter!!!! (Not sure what COVID risk there is when driving your own car through a forest....that requires such restrictions!) Didn't photograph the state capitol....for obvious reasons! We are now in Custer, SD. We did a very early drive through Custer State Park this morning. We saw lots of buffalo with numerous calves. We will be here for 3 more nights, then head home.

Always enjoyable Jim!

Thanks, Mike.

Wonderful flowers! I love the contrasts of the green against the colorful flowers, especially with that Carolina Lily. That Dry Run Road looks like such a peaceful, pleasant place to go walking!

Thanks, Connie. It is a great place for a walk. My first post linked above tells a bit more about the road.

Latest threads

Top Bottom