DSLR Dashboard & D600: What am I missing

I still, for the life of me, can't get DSLR Dashboard to recognize a D600. It only says "No DSLR camera found on USB". What steps must be taken to get it to work?

I still, for the life of me, can't get DSLR Dashboard to recognize a D600. It only says "No DSLR camera found on USB". What steps must be taken to get it to work?

You have to hit the back button, then a screen comes up and you have to pick the WU-1b option. It will then connect to your D600 (make sure the WU-1b is connected and working on your D600 first).

I also found that I had to uninstall the Nikon Andriod software because it was interfering with the DSLR Dashboard.

have to be sure to have the right cable
I bought two from different vendors on ebay - one worked, the other didn't

and what phone do you have?
it has to have usb host mode enabled

those are the first two things that come to mind

I'm trying to connect through the WU-1B. I can get it to connect, but nothing happens after that..... just a black screen with some icons in the top right.

First, you have to have Android 4.x on your phone.
Plug in the WU-1B into the D600 and power up the camera.
Make sure that your WiFi is connected to the Nikon adapter.
Once connected, bring up the app, give it a second, then use the back button to bring up the menu.

Android 4.1.2 installed. I disconnnect from my home wi-fi and connect to the WU network

I hit the Back button, choose "Connect to WU-1a/1b", and enter the correct

server IP (192.168.1.2 in this case).

Still, I get a black screen with icons on the top right that do nothing.

Screenshot_2013-07-16-19-13-27.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I stayed connected to my home wifi and it still found the camera. I did that several times just to try it.

If I have to have an open wi-fi available just for the app to work, then it's fairly useless. The phone can find dozens of systems.... but can only connect to one.

If I have to have an open wi-fi available just for the app to work, then it's fairly useless. The phone can find dozens of systems.... but can only connect to one.

You are having trouble connecting. I'm just trying to get you to first establish that your equipment physically works. I'm not telling you to always connect through a network.

You need to work through getting a connection one step at a time and find why you are having an issue.

You haven't posted what phone you have yet. S3 works, but I hear that S2 does not.

So, you connected once, but now you can't get it to connect again, or can you only get the WMU app to work?

I even deleted the WMU on the off-chance it was causing the issue.

I can connect to the WU-1b. It stays connected. I just can't get the app to do anything except what the screenshot shows.

I never had any issues with WMU.

I did not have to delete the WMU app, jut make certain that it is properly exited. You can't have it running while you bring up DSLR Dashboard.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the DSLR Dashboard app, if you haven't done that already.

Latest threads

Top Bottom