DSLR wrist strap

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Rich Gibson, Feb 15, 2005.

1. I 've never liked the fancy neck straps especially since my lenses have gotten heavier and heavier. I'm still nervous about bumping into something/someone with the camera at my side; or worse, a snatch and run thief.

In my endless search for the ultimate wrist strap I've come up with this. As you can see it is relatively unobtrusive, but works with landscape (not shown) and portrait. Cost about $3.00 U.S. from REI mountain sports. The brand of the strap is REDPOINT. The 3/4" rings were extra and also from REI.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You'd have laughed seeing me trying to get back far enough to shoot the D2H with the D100 held upside down with my left hand!

Rich

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Rich!!

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I tried one of those Rich, although your's looks more substantial. The one I had did not give me confidence that, if I dropped my camera, or if it got knocked or pulled out of my hand, that it wouldn't break.

On the other hand, the 'Nikon Digital' strap that came with the camera was just too short to use as a sholder strap, but it's strong and has sturdy two point connection to the camera So I tied this simple slip knot (you can tie it without removing the strap!) in it and voila! A wrist strap:

[​IMG]

Some guy at DPR even made a webpage showing how to tie this knot:
    http://gunther.diktator.org/knot/

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Another cool idea. I can try that without buying anything.... 8)

Thanks Chris!!