1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

DTown - Fianl episode!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TommyO, Aug 7, 2009.

1. TommyO

TommyO

Oct 16, 2008
    West Michigan
    Looks like DTown is all over at 25 episodes. Starting next month is a monthly photoshop specific show. I hope they consider LightRoom "photoshop" :) 

2. Whilst it's been a very interesting series I've found it a bit lightweight. I was hoping they'd progress it with greater depth.

Oh well.

3. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    They aim it towards beginners, which is cool. You will find more useful information elsewhere.

4. Preston

Preston

May 2, 2005
    Reno, NV
    I too was hoping they would expand to more advanced info but maybe that is what they are doing by moving onto Photoshop stuff. Although you would think they would do NX.

5. tom500

tom500

Oct 24, 2008
    Grand Rapids
    I'm sad to see it go. Even though some of the tips were very elementary I always learned something every week.

it was well worth the price.

6. I picked up a couple of nuggets from watching it. Too bad they have discontinued it.

7. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Are all 25 episodes still available for download? i've heard they are pretty good, but just haven't had the time to watch them.

8. ibcj

ibcj

Dec 19, 2006
    New York
    Check Itunes. I get them weekly or used to. Too bad it is ending. While much of it was basic, it was nice to see a Nikon gear specific show and I did pick up a number of tips.

9. What a bummer. But, I thought they said it would be more photography stuff, not Photoshop?

They already do a weekly Photoshop video at http://www.photoshopusertv.com/ that runs almost 1 hour long.

10. Midpack

Midpack

Jun 8, 2009
    Chicagoland
    I'm downloading the final episode from iTunes right now, although it's numbered #24. For what it cost, I'd say it was an outstanding production. Some stuff I knew, but I learned some things too, Kelby is just great.

11. waltuba

waltuba

Oct 14, 2005
    Windsor, Co
    I echo others sentiments. There was always something to learn and I had hoped it would get a little deeper as time moved on. Oh well, have something good and sure enough it goes away!!

12. D.RicPhoto

D.RicPhoto

Mar 28, 2009
    IL
    Hopefully the new show will be just has good.

13. Max Power

Max Power

Jan 11, 2009
    St Paul, MN
    Given that these guys make a living selling more advanced info through their seminars, I am nit surprised that they don't want to give away their bread and butter.

14. Ronald M

Ronald M

Nov 10, 2008
    Chicago
    I tried to watch it many times. The Stream starts and stops every 10 sec for 20 sec. They got a dog of a server or something else is wrong. Other stream stuff seems to work ok.

If PS is no better, I can`t watch it either. Too painful.

15. That's too bad - and very surprising given a big portion their income is generated by he interest in these videos. I've streamed about a third of them and downloaded the podcasts for the balance.

I hate to see this end. Like others, I've often gotten lots of good tips from the videos. Hopefully the next series will be at least as useful!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.