1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Dual layer DVD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RichNY, Jul 7, 2008.

1. RichNY

RichNY Guest

I'm going to need to burn a few 6gb DVDs and I haven't used any before on my Intel iMac. Just wondering what others have found reliable for this purpose.

2. jafo

jafo

Jun 11, 2008
    Chatsworth, CA
    I'd probably go with Ritek Ridata media...

3. Dr A

Dr A

Feb 2, 2008
    State College, PA
    If these were to be used for archival purposes I'd think twice about burning dual-layer. Maybe go with single-layer and just use a couple more.

4. The only brand I have ever trusted for dual layer dvd's has been verbatim, I swear by them.

5. fjmcsu

fjmcsu Guest

Vebatim works well with my system also

6. Ewout_vB

Ewout_vB

Feb 6, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Can't agree with you more.

7. Verbatim dual-layers have worked best for me in the past, though I've only tried a couple different brands. But I'll "third" the recommendation to avoid dual-layer discs for archival purposes. Use some kind of file-splitting feature if you need to make larger files fit on a single-layer disc. Not sure what's available for the Mac to do that -- I use Acronis' True Image on a Wintel platform to do it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.