1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Dual monitor calibration of Mac Book Pro??

Discussion in 'Printers, Monitors, and Color Management' started by Roscoe, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Roscoe

Roscoe

Apr 26, 2009
    Vegas
    I have a gorgeous NEC monitor that I plan to eventually attach to my recently received 15.4" MBP. I've never messed with color management (I know, I know) but am considering the Spyder2 Express.

Question, can I calibrate both monitors? WIll this device support that?

2. Tim W

Tim W

Mar 10, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    I have done something similar but using Eye-One Display 2 and MBP. The deal was that you have to drag the profiling software app window to the monitor you wish to profile, then initiate the profiling steps.

Your MBP hardware and Mac OSX is perfectly capable of handling dual profiled displays, as it has the twin lookup table that is need to implement this under the hood.

You'd be well served to do some homework on the Spyder2 Express software to make sure that it works in the way I described, or caters for dual displays in some other manner.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.