Dual SB900 bracket suggestion?

I'm looking to mount two SB900's to a lightstand, I'm not interested in the tri-bracket or cube-bracket, just want something for 2. Thanks!

I'm looking to mount two SB900's to a lightstand, I'm not interested in the tri-bracket or cube-bracket, just want something for 2. Thanks!

I made one from a piece of old steel. Just cut it and drilled a few holes, then painted it black. I used a couple of Stroboframe cold shoes to hold the flashes.

John that looks real nice, my only issue with it is I'd like to place the strobes closer to the center of an umbrella if necessary. I was thinking of buying one of the wizard brackets on top of a light stand, then put a swivel mount on top of the mount, this will raise the umbrella to enable the strobes to fire closer to the center of the umbrella, make sense? Not sure if this will work....
Thanks,
Jon

Well, although the B&H photo shows the cold shoes at the end of the bracket, you can actually move them in a couple of inches. Also, there is a third possible position for the flash even closer to the center. In practice there is no problem with an umbrella.

Latest threads

Top Bottom