Dubai Metro

I was lucky last week to get in front (which is usually jammed) of the driverless train and took these photos.

The heart of Sheikh Zayed Road. One of the busiest place in Dubai
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
[/url] Skyscrapers by longsword524, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] Train by longsword524, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] Light End by longsword524, on Flickr[/IMG]

Khalid Bin Al Walid station, my stop. These are huge chandeliers with lovely colors that will greet you once you jump off the train.
[/url] Jellyfish Lamp by longsword524, on Flickr[/IMG]

I like the composition, framing Emirates Towers in the distance in number 2.

@ Kiwi Geoff - they are mainly residential along that stretch of SZ Road, with hotels and commercial in the mix. No 2 has the Dusit Thani hotel (centre frame and from that viewpoint looking like a standard tower, but from front on it's designed to look like two hands, palms together, as in the Thai greeting), Shangri La Hotel (second left), Emirates Towers (in the distance, with the smaller tower being a hotel and the larger one being commercial), and new buildings on the right in the financial and commercial zones.

I've got to get up to the building with the Sale/Lease sign on - it's now complete and and night looks a little weird, with a big 'eye' half way up it!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom