Dubois Badlands

Real Name
Bill
While what you see of the Dubois Badlands from the road is spectacular you have to hike way in to find the good stuff.

The Blade
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sheep Rock
Sheep Rock.jpg

The Helmet
Helmet Rock.jpg

In Black and White
Dubois Badlands BW 2.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Bill
I had no idea this was so close to us. The photos are great and inspire me to want to go there.
It's one of those places that seems to change hour by hour with the sun.

During the day it looks devoid of life but it's quite the opposite. Besides Deer and Coyote there's Grizzlies, Elk, Wolves, and Mountain Lions. Not to mention the reptiles.

It's one of those places that seems to change hour by hour with the sun.

During the day it looks devoid of life but it's quite the opposite. Besides Deer and Coyote there's Grizzlies, Elk, Wolves, and Mountain Lions. Not to mention the reptiles.
I could do without running into Grizzlies, Wolves, Mountain Lions, and Reptiles!! I love to see other's photos of them, but have no desire for up close and personal encounters with any of them!! But, I guess you must feel safe there.

Very nice set Bill. Now I have to plan another stop in Dubois next summer to take in the Bad Lands. Agreed, from the Hwy they do look very pretty. Can this area be traveled by UTV? I know it can be seen by Horseback as wife and I looked into that option but we didn’t have enough time.

Real Name
Bill
Very nice set Bill. Now I have to plan another stop in Dubois next summer to take in the Bad Lands. Agreed, from the Hwy they do look very pretty. Can this area be traveled by UTV? I know it can be seen by Horseback as wife and I looked into that option but we didn’t have enough time.
Large sections of it you can. This particular spot is part of a Wilderness Study Area so nothing motorized there but there are plenty of fire roads that cut through the middle of it.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom