Dubrovnik in May of 1979

I took this picture in Dubrovnik, Croatia in May of 1979. Then it was part of Yugoslavia. I was wandering the narrow streets of the city and noticed the boy with the soccer ball watching me. Taken with a Contax RTS, 50mm f1.4 lens on Agfachrome, converted to b&w and given a sepia tone.

I recently discovered all these old photos I took in the 70's and 80's. Once again, I can't help but think they would be lost if taken digitally. As a result I'm doing mostly film these days.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Chris
That old slide took to digital pp nicely! Very cool shot, and interesting that it's 30 years ago. The kids probably 38-40 now.

Your post made me look at a map of Croatia. Dubrovnik is in the extreme southwest, on a thin strip isolated from the rest of the country. Interesting. Nikon Cafe is just like geography class!

That's a great image. It would have been a good image without the boy, but with him and the ball, it's outstanding. Good job with the conversion, also. Looks like a scene from the 30's.

Regards,
John

this is fantastic, clayton. somehow the image draws me in, as if i'm standing right next to the boy. great job!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom