Critique Duck Breast and Fettuccine

This is one of my favorite recipes. You can buy a used copy of The Wine Lover's Cookbook very inexpensively to get the recipe and many other fabulous recipes. It's my favorite cookbook.

Setup Photo #1
A small continuous-light lamp was above the scene and slightly on the left of center. A white reflector above the fork brightened it.

Setup Photo #2
The background is black fabric. A small continuous-light lamp was on the left barely forward of the subject. White fabric on the right preventing the super clamp from scratching the fork also reflected light onto the right side of the food. A white reflector above the scene brightened the fork. The steam is a texture from InfiniteTexturePanel.com that I blurred.

Mike 2020-01-23--001-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mike 2020-01-23--003-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks, Binnur!

It's interesting that the three of you think the second photo is the mouthwatering photo. I prefer that photo because of its characteristics pertaining to lighting and composition and because it's not the normal, typical food photo. However, the first photo is the one that seems mouthwatering to me.
Let me make myself clear. You are right that #2 has a great composition and lighting. And that's why it says ' eat me ! '

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom