Duckies in flight - just for frank

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Keith, May 14, 2005.

1. Ok finally got out after a week, so had to give it another go............ Flew you got me going after the last flight shots you showed.....see its going to take more practice :lol:

original.

american widgeons- fast little suckers :!:
    original.

Mallard in flight
    original.

last one
    original.

2. Great shots, Keith. The 3rd one looks like he's smiling at you. Very nice!

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Exxxxxcellent shots Keith, but I thought we agreed that you weren't going to post any more shots with this lens. 8)

Seriously, these are very good, and you are right, they are very quick little devils. Were all of these taken with the 400 2.8?

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Keith,

Nice shots..

Those ducks elude me. Forget those for me.
    I'll take a "sittin duck"

Mallard colors are tough.

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Nice, love the 3rd shot,

so, you're shooting these with a tripod, right? Isn't that 400 f2.8 a heavy monster?

6. Frank

Well Frank, these were all with my 12-24mm, they were all flying very close :wink: Seriously 400mm f2.8 with no TC...........man I find that 200-400mm would come in handy- either Im too short, too far and sometimes you luck out.........but I really really like this lens!!! Just now just starting to get use to this animal 8) [/quote]

7. Thanks Gale and Kevin, appreciate the comments!

8. Hi Steven

Hi Steven, I normally use a tripod but these shots were with my monopod, little more challenging but easy to move around. Yep 11 pound lens is not light, but its my workout :lol: :lol: