Duckies in flight - just for frank

Ok finally got out after a week, so had to give it another go............ Flew you got me going after the last flight shots you showed.....see its going to take more practice :lol:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

american widgeons- fast little suckers :!:
View attachment 8888

Mallard in flight
View attachment 8889

last one
View attachment 8890

Exxxxxcellent shots Keith, but I thought we agreed that you weren't going to post any more shots with this lens. 8)

Seriously, these are very good, and you are right, they are very quick little devils. Were all of these taken with the 400 2.8?

Keith,

Nice shots..

Those ducks elude me. Forget those for me.
I'll take a "sittin duck"

Mallard colors are tough.

Nice, love the 3rd shot,

so, you're shooting these with a tripod, right? Isn't that 400 f2.8 a heavy monster?

Frank

Exxxxxcellent shots Keith, but I thought we agreed that you weren't going to post any more shots with this lens.
Well Frank, these were all with my 12-24mm, they were all flying very close :wink: Seriously 400mm f2.8 with no TC...........man I find that 200-400mm would come in handy- either Im too short, too far and sometimes you luck out.........but I really really like this lens!!! Just now just starting to get use to this animal 8) [/quote]

Hi Steven

so, you're shooting these with a tripod, right? Isn't that 400 f2.8 a heavy monster?
Hi Steven, I normally use a tripod but these shots were with my monopod, little more challenging but easy to move around. Yep 11 pound lens is not light, but its my workout :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom