Ducks, baby ducks, and a grackle (4 pics)

Well, we headed over to the duck pond today. I was better prepared, but had to take bread instead of cracked corn. No sooner had we parked the van when the Mother showed up with her brood and adopted brood. Talk about some hungry duckies! Despite lighting, I'm happy with these, we were mostly in the shade and okay, I forgot about fill flash. :redface: These little guys moved too quickly for me to think too much about changing settings more or adding anything. One duck actually ate a piece of bread from my hand. Did anyone take a pic? Nope....

847789253_4dd4144b68_b.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 106710

View attachment 106711

View attachment 106712

These are all really cute. #3 is really sharp! I love the expression on the Grackle in #4.

Thanks John! It was fun, but oh the kids were just having too much fun! The babies moved quicker than the adults and trying to get good sharp pics was a major challenge! For these shots I used my 18-200 VR and my sandbag for a tripod - when I wasn't hand-holding. We plan on going again a bit earlier in the day and I hope I can get the kids to slow down a bit! The bread was gone too quickly! LOL

Latest threads

Top Bottom