Ducks, baby ducks, and a grackle (4 pics)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by cajun angel, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Well, we headed over to the duck pond today. I was better prepared, but had to take bread instead of cracked corn. No sooner had we parked the van when the Mother showed up with her brood and adopted brood. Talk about some hungry duckies! Despite lighting, I'm happy with these, we were mostly in the shade and okay, I forgot about fill flash. :redface: These little guys moved too quickly for me to think too much about changing settings more or adding anything. One duck actually ate a piece of bread from my hand. Did anyone take a pic? Nope....

847789253_4dd4144b68_b.

View attachment 106710

View attachment 106711

View attachment 106712

2. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    These are all really cute. #3 is really sharp! I love the expression on the Grackle in #4.

3. Thanks John! It was fun, but oh the kids were just having too much fun! The babies moved quicker than the adults and trying to get good sharp pics was a major challenge! For these shots I used my 18-200 VR and my sandbag for a tripod - when I wasn't hand-holding. We plan on going again a bit earlier in the day and I hope I can get the kids to slow down a bit! The bread was gone too quickly! LOL

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    They are so cute:>)))

5. The babies are so cute and lovely. :smile:

6. #3 really looks like he's got a big ol' smile!! :smile:

7. Thanks, ya'll! Gretchen, I had to look again and yeppers, it does look he's got a cute smile! No doubt about it, baby duckies are definitely cute for sure! Thanks for stopping by ya'll!

8. Well taken pictures Dianne

9. Thanks, Gary! We're going back with cracked corn! We would have had corn yesterday but the store was closed when we went by, so bread was all we had to offer. Dunno what else duckies like to eat that's not in the water.

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nicely done Dianne.

11. Thanks Flew! They were fun to watch and man, were they ever hungry! We're going back!

Oh, our experience yesterday was rather nice compared to the day before! :smile:

12. Too cute! Very nice closeups.

Jose

13. Thanks Jose! We're going back for more! :biggrin:

14. No. 2 is a dirty eater but No.3 is smart. I like the soft look in that image. Very cute creatures.

15. Thanks! We had fun feeding the duckies and snapping pics!

16. Awwww, how sweet. They are so cute at that age.

17. Thanks ya'll! We certainly had a ball watching them and feeding them! We'll go back for more!:biggrin: