Ducks In Flight Series

Here's a little collection of Ducks in Flight that I took while trying to practice getting the buggers while flying.

Obligatory Butt Shot
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Double Butt Shot (do I get extra credit? :wink: )

He's getting nervous and watching me now

Landing but he's still got his eye on me

Hope you enjoy! Comments welcome.

Hey Kevin,

Better to have butt shots than no shots. From a flight point of view it looks like you just caught her at the stall point in the last one. :)

Great last 2 shots Kevin.........Im all to aware of those butt shots, got to take it when you can get it. LOL.................looks like you used flash??

Keith R. said:
Great last 2 shots Kevin.........Im all to aware of those butt shots, got to take it when you can get it. LOL.................looks like you used flash??
Thanks Keith for the nice words. No, I didn't use flash. I did a minor adjustment of levels to brighten it up in PS and very little USM on the last two.

Concerning butt shots, I'm just happy I get some in focus. I'm not too picky from which angle they're taken. :) I've got butt shots, belly shots, and side shots. Gotta keep practising....

Thanks for the kind words Gale, Brian, John & Dennis. I got kind of lucky with the timing of this landing shot. I don't know what the S2 is capable of in continuous mode. I just click, pan, click.

I like to try to get them just as they're landing where they look like they're water skiing. :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom