Duets @ the Rookery

Thought it would be fun to create a themed-thread. Each of these is a shot of 2 siblings, of varying ages.

Duet1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Duet2.jpg

Duet3.jpg

This one could turn into a funny photo by adding caption balloons. The options are endless.
Duet4.jpg

When I saw this in the tree, I told Frank they looked like a couple of bowling pins.
Duet5.jpg

Duet6.jpg

Hope you enjoyed! :)

Really outstanding shots Kevin. You really made the most of your opportunities. Cute theme too.

They are great Kevin.. Let me see if I can process a few.. Might have a few triplets too. lolol

the second pair, which I have also, do get funny looks on thier face.

Great series, love the side profile shots - really shows the juvenile plumage! I'm definitely there for next year's shoot!

TOLady said:
Great series, love the side profile shots - really shows the juvenile plumage! I'm definitely there for next year's shoot!

Sandi,

With any luck, you won't have to wait until next year. I'm hoping that we can put something together for the November time frame, maybe around Thanksgiving.

BTW, Janie got to go on the kayak trip, but I missed it (the Wed scheduled time was washed out by the rain, and it was rescheduled for Fri when we had our second rookery trip planned.) Janie said that it was great, and educational. The guide is a naturalist, and she provided lots of interesting info about the local flora and fauna. I hope that we can set up another kayak session for the fall trip as well.

OK I'll play :>))

Great White Egret and a wee Baby :>)))

44638680.gif

After editing this I saved in PSCS2, JPG, SRGB, 72 DPI and low 3.. Curious to see how you see it display :>))

Thanks

Do triplets count :>))

Three juvinile Great White Egrets.. One of the fun things watching the birdies all day, they show personalities and different expressions. Some quite cute.

44639385.gif

Twozies

The gorgeous Tricolor youngsters :>))) hahahahha

Got a few more if your not bored by now.. Let me know.

I have also started processing in color space PROPHOTO...Try it and let me know what you think I find color much better. Then go back to srgb for web.

Also let me know how sharpening is.. I have been using PSCS2 Smart Sharpen after resizing image to 8x10... For web, not for print.

44657872.gif

Frank,

Sure look foward to nest shoot out.. :>)))

Kayak trip would be great too.

Glad Sandi will be joining.. :>)))

Wonder about equp for water....eeeekkkk Bring the CP5000 with 3x converter maybe..

You know how clumbsy I am :<((

Flew said:
Really outstanding shots Kevin. You really made the most of your opportunities. Cute theme too.

Thanks Frank. It was fun that day. Could practice flight shots then stop and change lenses and do "portrait" shots then back to flight, etc.

When I was going through my shots and seeing these pics, the theme popped into my head. Just wanted to wait a bit before posting so as not to bombard the site! :)

hillrg said:
Super theme! What lens were you using?

Thanks, Rory! The 3rd and last were with the 80-200 2.8 AF-D. The others were with the 300 f4 AFS. I'm really happy with both lenses but can see the upgrade path to the 70-200 VR in my future. :oops: $$$

TOLady said:

Thanks, Sandi! Hope you can join us next time! This group was small but was nice getting to know the others and having someone to share the shooting experience with. Usually I enjoy going out by myself but it's also nice to shoot with others.

I bet the Fuji will showcase the birdies really well. I borrowed an S2 a few months back and I really enjoyed the image quality. I almost bought the S3. Maybe one of these days I'll end up with an S2 or S3 as a backup...unless the D200 becomes reality and it's up to snuff. Just hard to beat the Fuji's look, and low iso performance, at least on the S2!

Gale said:
Keith,

I get my 70-200 VR VR VR first :>)))))))

Maybe we could share one! ;) It'll be a while before I can spring for one of those. Gotta order my lights, a printer, PSCS2, Capture, then get some business to fund the purchase. That should take a bit. :oops:

Gale, I was in the process of replying to your PP comments when we lost power.

Your first shot looks pretty good, considering quality of 3. PP on #2 looks real good to my untrained eye. I'm wondering if #3 is oversharpened...look at the top of their heads. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not familiar with "color space PROPHOTO" what is that?

Hi Kevin,

Quality of 3 is low. Still like 150 +k

Not sure on number 3 pic.. I will have to pull it back up in PS..I can't see the oversharpen on here.

Might need to do selective sharpen.. Think all the leaves might be throwing it off.

You can find prophoto color space in PS preferences color space.

Iliah mentioned quite a while ago it was better than the rest.. Sure much more color and less messing around.

Thanks a million for the compliments and critique. Much appreciated.

Re: Twozies

Gale said:
Version 2 How is sharpening now....

To me, this looks better. Their wigs don't look quite as much like straw. I've found these birds with the fine feathery wigs need careful sharpening otherwise their wigs get funky looking, like they're not already. :)

Yes thier wigs are quite funny. How can that ugly baby grow up to be so beautiful.

Makes great images though lol

G

Gordon Large

Hey Kevin -

Really great series and equally great images. Congrats! I swear those little GBHs are wearing the worst wigs I've ever seen. Can't look at them without LMAO.

Gordon

Latest threads

Top Bottom