Duluth Air show

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by wrx1, Jul 31, 2008.

1. wrx1

wrx1

Nov 1, 2007
    Maplewood MN
    Couple of ok pics from the Duluth air show. The overcast sky was a pain to shoot against, and once the rain started all bets were off. Then I realized how much dust I actually have on my sensor.:frown: Good thing I have a d300 coming so I can send out this d70s to get cleaned up.

All shots were with a d70s, a 70-200 f2.8 with a 1.7 II.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was a bummer that we only got to see about 15 minutes of the Blue Angels show since it was raining so hard, but since this was my first time seeing them and first time getting to see fighter jets that close and that fast, I will take what I can get.

Russ

2. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    considering the conditions Russ, I think you did pretty darn well, we can't always have great light and perfect skies, and when we do, we can only try to take advantage of them.

thanks for sharing,

3. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Love the P-38 in #7..

4. great series.....
    nice shots

i'd clean your sensor... :biggrin:

thanks for sharing

5. Considering the conditions you were given, I'd say nice job! Imagine how much fun it will be when you get a pretty blue sky day!
    Love the P-38...

6. SoCalBob

SoCalBob

Feb 9, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    Very nice job, Russ, under pretty lousy shooting conditions. Great shot of the A-10 "Warthog" and P-38 Lightning. Only four flying specimens of the P-38 worldwide, as far as I know -- another one is owned by the Planes of Fame Museum in Chino, CA. I got some pics of that one back in May while they were changing the tire on its left main gear. Sure don't mean to hijack the thread, but thought y'all might be interested.

2481765533_7c394f6000.jpg

And this classic lineup of flying vintage Warbirds getting maintenance on a Saturday afternoon.

2482577176_8f634b063b.jpg

And yes, as mentioned above, time to take a Rocket Blower to your sensor. :smile: