Dumb Project... (*Updated*) - (Who win's?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doug Barber, Apr 18, 2005.

1. My wife tells me that this mess has sat in my shop for to long....
    So in the hopes of making me get off my butt, we made a deal...
    These images were taken today April 18/05 and this thing will be out of my shop and finished by Sunday April 24.
    I’m committing to this in this form so you guy's can see what a hard life I have here in Canada. If I don't do this I’ll have to give all my photo gear to my daughter and will only have a Nikon 3700 to shoot with...
    Darn... now this it what I call living "UNDER THE GUN"
    Just for fun... I don't think I will start till Wednesday or Thursday just to REALLY make it interesting.
    By the way, this is a 1941 (9-N) ford tractor....
    Wish me luck........ Gulp

UPDATE::!::!:
    Well it Thursday and I've been busting my butt on this stupid tractor. As I said in my first post we are not just dealing with pride of completion on this project. But I could be looking at trading my D2H and lens to a 3700 Nikon to my daughter if I did not get it done by Sunday.

Well I'm please to announce that the gear is safe and I'll now take a couple days off and do nothing but shoot photos....
    No more twisting wenches of smelling up my shop with paint fumes.
    Thanks for looking in.

Seeing the light of day..
    View attachment 7575

View attachment 7576

View attachment 7577

2. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Actually Doug, all things considered, it doesn't look in bad nick for its age. I'm assuming you've done a fair bit already.

But yes, you obviously have it tough in Canada.

<pause for timing>

Especially if you can't afford a more modern tractor.

Oh I crack me up. :)

Neil

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Arr arr arr Neil. :) :)

Well, we wouldn't want to loose your dSLR skills Doug, but I'm wondering why you're gonna start on Wednesday. Looks to me like all you got to do is throw some wheels on, maybe a minor tune up and then put some gas in the tank and commence plowing. What, a couple hours on Saturday afternoon, and get it done early at that.

Have fun. So what do you get for winning? ;)

4. Neil you crack me up....
    On the up side, if I don't get this done I will have lots of $$ to buy something a little newer. Maybe even a 1945 model.... :lol:

5. Winning.... now that is a good question.... I did not (think) to ask what the deal would be if I won....
    I'll ask and keep you posted.

6. A new D2X Doug...Now that would be a nice winning prize :)

Sorry I could not help replying on this one.

7. You have your work cut out for your. Good luck. By the way, nice tractor.

8. Man oh man, I love that woman!! She sure knows how to motivate!!! *LOL* Yes Douggie, I'm a fellow Kanuck, but I'm on her side on this one. *Stay tuned for further developments*
    By the way, enjoy the 3700! *LMAO* *female snicker snicker snicker here*

9. No worries Doug, I'm sure the Ford dealer down the street still has some parts for it...

Tires... body panels... spark plugs....

Hmmm... does your daughter know we have a "For Sale" forum here?

Good luck!

_/oe

10. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    You got that from Pearl Harbor, right? Might be able to sell it as is on ebay and buy five or six D2Xs.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Finished project

Doug wins

Just helping you along

12. Thanks all for the support....
    06:30 hours here and I got to get my butt out to the shop....

13. Re: Finished project

Gale,

Fantastic idea and a big help you are to Doug. Also a great picture you found here. it really looks like the one Doug has :lol:

14. Doug, your livin' on the edge my friend. Betting your photo gear....WOW!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Just in case Doug does not win

I found this for you doug. this is used to power a windmill when the wind is not blowing. Very good on fuel. You will have all the comforts of home in your new Igloo :>))))

See I really do care.

You can get on the internet and post Your wonderful images and tutor us Dummies.

We will keep you company.

Love and Hugs

16. Re: Just in case Doug does not win

Very Cool Gale....
    I just walked in from the shop after working since very early this AM. It's now time to have some lunch and while i'm at it I'll have super at the same time.
    Then have a shower and go to bed....

Iwill try to post a few images and maybe learn a new trick or two as soon as I get this tractor done and I know I won't be on bended knee looking for my camera gear....lol
    Talk to you later

17. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Doug,

If you need more help I have photos of the instructions for you Windmill Engine. lolol

Also some other machinery you may need. lol Really OLD John Deer stuff. roflmao

Say, I was proud of this one, I stopped it down and got the movement. It really works. Hand held, yet.

I did cheat tho. VR VR VR :>))

My first time doing this.

Even old dogs learn new tricks. Just takes longer.

You are a great trouper. Keep up the good work and look foward to the images.

18. Gale:
    Slowing things down and crearting movement shows great thought on your part. It tells me that you are starting to create art and not just taking pictures....
    Well done

19. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank you Doug very much.

Been a longggg struggle and still trying alot.

I find that reading books helps. I have read bryan Petersons book learning To see creatively. Understanding Exposure, Bryan Peterson.

Reading the one on Exposure second time.

20. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Doug,

I've been pulling for you! Great job!

Gaye