dumb question re: eyepiece

I tried to turn the round edge of the eyepiece on the D2x and it will not budge just using my fingers. It's hard to get a grip on it. I want to place the rubber eyecup that I have on my D1x in position there. Is there a tool or technique you know to turn it? does it turn? If it turns is it clockwise or counter clockwise? I don't want to force it and wind up with my x in the mail back to Nikon.

Thanks

Scott Sherman said:
I tried to turn the round edge of the eyepiece on the D2x and it will not budge just using my fingers. It's hard to get a grip on it. I want to place the rubber eyecup that I have on my D1x in position there. Is there a tool or technique you know to turn it? does it turn? If it turns is it clockwise or counter clockwise? I don't want to force it and wind up with my x in the mail back to Nikon.

Thanks
To the left of the eyepiece is a tiny little lever which closes the view er. Close that and the eye piece will rotate counter clockwise nicely. Don't force it.

Rich

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom