1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Dunlin

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Allan, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Fall is here in New England. Amongst the many least sandpipers that were keeping warm from a cool breeze during the late afternoon were some dunlins. The background was only cluttered with other birds but this one took a short walk from the pack. I liked how the shadow was behind the bird, not towards the front or back.

380580040_TVaAx-L.

2. very nice

I really like the inclusion of the shadow in the shot

3. Beautiful shot Allan.

4. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Nicely done Allan!

5. That is fine shot. Outstanding detail. Nicely done.

6. Crisp and low angle. Excellent!

7. Thanks for the comments. Paul, I played around with teh image and began to clone the shadow out just to see what it would look like. However, even before i cloned 1/4 of it out I knew it had to stay.

8. Slingher

Slingher

Jun 30, 2007
    Titusville FL
    Perfect perspective and very well captured.

9. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    The shadow should stay as you said Allan a very nice image thanks for sharing

10. Great detail...I agree about the shadow. Lovely lighting.

11. I know you think the 400mm VR is heavy and that you need to use the TC17 pretty much always....

My comment though is that your image quality and detail has definitely gone up with this lens. This image is as good as they get IMHO!

12. Well, my only complaint is that the D300 doesn't focus as quickly with tcs. I am used to the weight. If I had the $$$ I would keep the 400 and buy a 600VR.

13. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Lovely Image

And I would do two things...

A) Give it a hair more room on the right and elevate it up just a hair

B) I'd lower the blues in the shadow...personally I like the shadow and I'd keep it there.

14. Following Jim's suggestion:

382903226_NKwd6-L.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.