Dusk at Bryce Canyon

I got to enjoy the sunset at Bryce Canyon two evenings ago. I used my D600 and new Tokina 17-35 f4 lens. I am happy with the performance of both. Silly me, I had my camera on a tripod and bracketed shots. But I forgot to turn off the auto ISO. Luckily, once the sun went down I didn't need the bracketed shots and this one was only at ISO 250.

p1548491674.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Beautiful photograph...and a great sky. I've also visited Bryce multiple times. During my last visit there, I stayed for three days.

Glenn

Thanks, Glenn. Bet you got some amazing photos in your three days there. It was so cold there this time. We didn't take winter coats or gloves and I was too wimpy to get up and take sunrise shots yesterday. It was well below freezing. The sky was pink and I was mad at myself!!

Real Name
Rodney
Nice shot. I expect the dynamic range of the D600, combined with the raw engine in LR 4 to be amazing enough to eliminate most needs for bracketing. Have you played with the highlights, shadows, whites and black sliders much? Incredible what detail is in our raw images.

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Thanks, Rui!!

Nice shot. I expect the dynamic range of the D600, combined with the raw engine in LR 4 to be amazing enough to eliminate most needs for bracketing. Have you played with the highlights, shadows, whites and black sliders much? Incredible what detail is in our raw images.
I found exactly that from my trip. I bracketed images a couple of times, but didn't need to use more than one. I have been amazed what I can bring back from the highlights. I use all the exposure sliders in Lightroom 4 all the time.

Latest threads

Top Bottom