Dust off reference photo question-Solved; operator stupidity

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Rich Gibson, Apr 5, 2007.

1. I've come across a topic which I can't find sufficient information about. I need to make a dust off reference photo for my D2x. The manual says you need to use a CPU lens. I've tried every lens I have and the dust off option in the setup menu is greyed out so I can't select it. Am I missing something simple here?

Thanks, Rich

2. maybe it does not turn on until after you have taken a photo of the sky?
    :smile:

3. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi rich-

i think you have to be shooting NEF's as it doesn't work with JPEG's if i remember correctly.

ricky

4. Hmm. How come you guys can't read my mind? I should elaborate. I am indeed using RAW only, I've tried a 50mm f/1.2 manual, the 105VR, the 28-70 beast, single focus, matrix metered, single exposure, ISO 100 and nothing will un-gray the dust off menu selection.

Uh-oh! :redface: You can't shoot a reference image if the CF card is full.

If it were one of my boys doing this I'd say " #$@ for brains.

Thanks for responding. Actually your messages did help because I went over the camera one last time and found my mistake...oddly the first one for 2007.

:rolleyes:

5. Well that's a relief . . . I thought I was the only Cafe member who did stuff like that. :940:

6. Good golly, all the way into March before the first mistake of the year. That should be a reason for a celebration. :)