Dwayne's Photo Service...Any Good?

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by ShadowFox19, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Hello All,
    I just purchased my first film SLR and have found out that my local shops are insanely expensive to process. I came across Dwayne's Photo Service on here, and I was wondering what kind of experiences people have had with them? Their rates seem very reasonable...but what about their quality?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Well, my experience with them is with Kodachrome (since they are the last place in the world authorized by Kodak) and MF negatives (since they are insanely cheap for 120/220 development...$2.99 either length). Nothing to complain about. Kodachrome looks beautiful.:smile:

3. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    It seems a bit expensive. Walmart can process E-6 for $2.

4. I don't have a Walmart nearby. What about Target?

5. Hey Nick,

Not sure how prices compare to Dwayne's, but I use these guys out of Denver. Free shipping in with their mailers, and free shipping back on orders over $50. Very fast both ways and I've never had a problem with quality.

Sean

6. Hi Sean,
    It seems that you forgot to put the link in your reply.
    Thanks!

7. I'm waiting for my first shipment of 120 back from Dwayne's. They're certainly much cheaper than any place here in NYC, even with postage both ways included. I'll let you know how I feel about the results when I get them.

8. Dwayne's Photo Service

October 10, 2008

To NikonCafe Members:

Since Dwayne's is the only processor in the world left to process Kodachrome, a way to cut costs on the processing of this film is to do the following.

I'm certain that Fuji has a contract with Dwayne's to process Kodachrome that is sent to Fuji and forwarded to Dwayne's by Fuji. I have noticed that Fuji's 36 exposure slide mailers are about half of the cost of Kodak's 36 exposure slide mailers and in order to save money, this would be the way to get your Kodachrome processed and save money at the same time. I have seen them advertised for about $5.00 out of the NY City photo stores. Keep in mind prices may have gone up, so it is a good idea to check.

I would recommend that users of Fuji mailers call up Fuji at 1-800-800-FUJI and follow up with my suggestion. I would also recommend that you check with Fuji as to what address to send the mailer to, since the lab in Phoenix, Arizona was closed. Good Luck, I hope that my suggestions save NikonCafe members some money.

Steve Zalewski
    Syracuse, NY

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2008
  9. LeicaM3

LeicaM3

Sep 12, 2008
    New England
    Dwayne's via WalMart

I have had my E6 stuff processed at Dwayne's via WalMart for years.

Just grab the send out bag (blue/white) and write on the provided space E6 processing. It will go to Dwayne's. Cheaper then sending it there directly plus you save shipping.

All other processing that is not done in the store (C41) goes to Fuji.
    B&W 120/220 goes to Dwayne's as well - I tried it. I process B&W at home usually.