Dxo Deep Prime in action

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
In town they have finally removed the scaffolding from the Campanile di San Prospero ( Reggio Emilia) after several years of stop and go restoration as funds ran out. This is our nicest piazza. The plan was to take some shots just after sunset, but the white van man had thoughtfully parked his huge Transit in front of the tower. So I had to wait until it was dark.

Hand holding my battered old €200 35mm PC lens on my Z7. The IBIS worked fine down to 1/8, but ISO4000 is a bit too much for gainless results even on this beast.

So I tried processing in the new DXO Deep Prime noise reduction, which killed the noise, giving me a clean blue sky, but it seems to strips out a lot of detail, rubbish in, rubbish out still applies. As a comparison I proceed in Capture 1 as well.

Has anybody else played with Deep Prime in the field?

DSC_4672 1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Capture 1

DSC_4672_DxOsmall.jpg

DXO Deep Prime

DSC_4664_DxOsmall.jpg

DXO

DSC_4623 1.jpg

Capture 1

DSC_4623_DxOsmall.jpg

DXO

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
There have been several recent threads on noise reduction comparing Topaz DeNoise AI to DxO Deep Prime. One by @Pa and one by me - to name two. Check them out. Capture 1 was mentioned also, I believe. @Walter is the resident expert on Capture 1.

I've taken some crops at 100%
One thing to keep in mind is that you have a slider available to choose between reducing noise and keeping detail in DxO under DeepPrime, just as you do in C1 and in most other programs, I suppose.
It's up to the user to make that choice, starting from a setting proposed by the algorithm.

Original image

Original.jpg

DxO DeepPrime set at 43

DxO-deepPrime.jpg

C1- I'm sure I could get the tones closer to the original but this is about noise reduction and is the result of setting the sliders to have the best result for noise over detail

C1.jpg

and for context - lets keep real - this is the complete original image

Original full image.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom