DxO Optics Pro version 11

Hello all,

I'm still plugging away with DxO Optics Pro version 9 (the Elite version) for the time being.

For those of you who have upgraded to version 11, who do you like it? Is it a worthy upgrade?

Is there a feature that just screams to do the upgrade?

Thanks for your insights.

Andy

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
I've upgraded but have not used it. I understand the processing time is quite a bit faster for Prime NR. That was the main reason I upgraded......and the relatively low cost to upgrade.

I am in the same boat... The upgrade price was right so I just pulled the trigger. I have loaded it but not used it as I am using AlienSkin Exposure for most everything now. If you are on version 9, this would be a good time to make the upgrade especially if it is your main editing program.

Faster processing time for Prime
Even better results for HQ (normal) and Prime.
That is compared to v10

The smart lighting is improved and there is a new feature: you now have Uniform and Spot Weighted.
Spot Weighted is intended for portraits (there is an "automatic" face recognition) but it can just as easily be used to enhance the smart lighting for one or more areas.
You can draw rectangles on the image.

Then there is now a full screen viewer that can be used for culling, rating and to judge the effect of your settings, with compare.
It works really well and fast.

An auto setting for micro contrast has also be added.
It agrees mostly with what I would have set, so I find this useful as well.

I would recommend the upgrade.

I haven't noticed a significant 'time to process' improvement over version-10. But DXO Optics Pro 11 does do a sweet job on D5 and D4 raw files. I like it.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Faster processing time for Prime
Even better results for HQ (normal) and Prime.
That is compared to v10

The smart lighting is improved and there is a new feature: you now have Uniform and Spot Weighted.
Spot Weighted is intended for portraits (there is an "automatic" face recognition) but it can just as easily be used to enhance the smart lighting for one or more areas.
You can draw rectangles on the image.

Then there is now a full screen viewer that can be used for culling, rating and to judge the effect of your settings, with compare.
It works really well and fast.

An auto setting for micro contrast has also be added.
It agrees mostly with what I would have set, so I find this useful as well.

I would recommend the upgrade.
Thanks for the heads up on the new and updated features!

Tried the new DxO PhotoLab as the upgrade price was reasonable.
Didn't particularly like DxO Optics Pro 10 or 11 for various reasons but I must say DxO PhotoLab looks promising.

D850 and D500 files come out a lot better than v11 in my quick and highly non scientific assessment.
Also like that U-Point from NX2 is back ... albeit with a different twist I am still getting used to.

Top Bottom