DXO Optics Pro

Has anyone here spent time with DXO Optics Pro? I downloaded the trial and played with it.

Eliminating distortion and CA were the two things that drew me to it. It does a fantastic job with those two things. It does a bunch of other stuff, too.

Be careful, though. The program has a particular vision of what makes a "good" shot. It took some of my purposefully underexposed or vignetted shots and made them squeaky clean, much to the detriment of the image.

The only problem I have with the program is that there isn't yet a profile for my new 70-300mm VR on my D50. It's there for a few of the other bodies, though.

I'll try to post some before/after shots (I'm at work atm)

Has anyone here spent time with DXO Optics Pro?
The only problem I have with the program is that there isn't yet a profile for my new 70-300mm VR on my D50. It's there for a few of the other bodies, though.QUOTE]

I am waiting for the same combo before I try to order again.
But I've got to tell you....their online ordering system is the worst I have experienced in over 10 years on the internet....it rejected its own "special offer" codes, it rejects perfectly good credit cards, it rejects entries that require masking (but without masks), and each time it gives you no recovery and dumps you back into the beginning, so you have to do all data entry and credit card entry all over again. I have tried twice, at two separate times, and after two days of frustration finally gave up both times.:mad:

How NOT to do business on the internet. But they give you little else in the way of options.:frown:

I noticed that myself. I tried to enter their 20% off coupon and it gave me an error, so I didn't bother to try again. It's just as well, since it doesn't support all my combos anyway.

The 70-300VR is pretty good anyway; it doesn't need much in the way of correction. However, the 18-55 kit lens definitely benefits from the attention.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom