DXO Optics Pro

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Compulsion, May 8, 2007.

1. Compulsion

Compulsion

May 1, 2007
    Sterling, VA
    Has anyone here spent time with DXO Optics Pro? I downloaded the trial and played with it.

Eliminating distortion and CA were the two things that drew me to it. It does a fantastic job with those two things. It does a bunch of other stuff, too.

Be careful, though. The program has a particular vision of what makes a "good" shot. It took some of my purposefully underexposed or vignetted shots and made them squeaky clean, much to the detriment of the image.

The only problem I have with the program is that there isn't yet a profile for my new 70-300mm VR on my D50. It's there for a few of the other bodies, though.

I'll try to post some before/after shots (I'm at work atm)

3. Compulsion

Compulsion

May 1, 2007
    Sterling, VA
    I noticed that myself. I tried to enter their 20% off coupon and it gave me an error, so I didn't bother to try again. It's just as well, since it doesn't support all my combos anyway.

The 70-300VR is pretty good anyway; it doesn't need much in the way of correction. However, the 18-55 kit lens definitely benefits from the attention.