DxO Photolab 3 released

I would like to see a detailed listing of new features or improvements. Their web page just discusses all of the great features of the product without making it clear what is new or improved.

Maybe I'll download the free trial.

Me too. So far so good. The keyword feature is more than enough for my needs and will be a great help.
Actually it was the first thing I did this morning :rolleyes: and I've been happy with it--went back and redid some of my earlier work.

I just got PL2 maybe 6 months ago. The problem is that apparently they are restricting support of new cameras to PL3 - at least I can't download a module for a Sony RX100 VII yet it is listed as supported in PL3.

Real Name
Ian
I'm still confused as to why DXO will go through the effort to develop this complex HSL Color Wheel, yet we still are missing basic functionality like a graduated radial filter, usable edge-detection masking, HDR merging, Panoramic stitching, etc.

While DXO does some things very well, there are still many areas where the program is lagging (heavily) behind Adobe.

I was eager to buy PL1, hesitant to buy PL2 (only purchased because of Z6 support). Based on what I'm seeing here, I'm not certain I'll be buying PL3, even if the upgrade is "only" $70 (for Elite)

I've been playing with the free trial version of PL3 a little bit and I do like the improvements to the HSL editor and the repair tool. I'll probably buy the upgrade.

One of the reasons I never subscribed to the Adobe CC was to avoid the $10/month tithe. But DxO's annual update at $70 amounts to $5.83/month. I guess it's worth it.

I'm using 3, it has a couple dozen things I'll probably never understand much less master.
Only one gripe, it takes 33 seconds to load on my Win 10 high-end, ssd computer. I've now put it in the boot-up start up list so it is always there when I need it.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom