DXO-PL 4 released

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
Just bought capture 1 for Nikon , but I will be adding this to process my non Nikon files.

So..does anyone keep copies of old applications? I sometimes keep a copy of the previous addition eg in this case I would keep a copy of DXO lab 3. I'm having second thoughts about my reasoning here. ( course that has always been a source of concern) :)

I have DXO 3 elite, but don't think I will upgrade as I rarely use it. I spend most of my time in LR, with occasional trips to Topaz sharpen AI or noise AI as required.

does anyone keep copies of old applications?

I always store the installation file for software with perpetual licenses in a particular folder. My reasoning is that if I ever need to reinstall it and can't get access to the developer's website for whatever reason or don't want to bother getting to it, I have everything I need on my computer to install the software.

I keep the download for a month or so, and then it's gone, and I live dangerously!
I've only looked at noise in simple scenes, sky, dark wood etc., and nothing with much fine detail, but it's slight—and oh so much faster!

Real Name
Ian
So for a $50 upgrade I get “better” noise reduction (PRIME NR was already fantastic), the ability to view the history of edits I’ve made, and the ability to put a watermark on my images?

Meanwhile, there is still no radial filter in the Local Edits panel, I can’t use DXO PL to stitch images together nor to blend multiple exposures in to an HDR image, and the masking ability is still woefully behind Adobe IMO.

I don’t see any substantial improvements here IMO. Am I just missing something?

Ha! That makes it even worse!

DXO really needs to focus on implementing useful features if they want people to upgrade. This update is nothing more than a new shade of lipstick IMO.

I disagree. I find it to be a useful upgrade. I really like having the edit history, something I've been asking for since the original PhotoLab, and I think I will find several of the other improvements to be significant for my uses.

And I do find that it opens much quicker than PL 3.

Real Name
Ian
I disagree. I find it to be a useful upgrade. I really like having the edit history, something I've been asking for since the original PhotoLab, and I think I will find several of the other improvements to be significant for my uses.

And I do find that it opens much quicker than PL 3.
I’m curious where/how you use the history panel.

I never used it in LR, and haven’t missed it since moving to DXO. If I need to undo a changeI made, I simply Ctrl+Z.

What does the history panel provide in terms of benefit your editing workflow?

Latest threads

Top Bottom