DxO Pure Raw; anyone tried it?

Real Name
Dan
I currently have DxO PL4 but all I use it for is what it sounds like this product does, i.e. basic demosaic, lens corrections, and NR and outputs a DNG file back to LR/PS. I've downloaded the free trial but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Just wondering if anyone has done so.

I haven’t updated my DXO software for many years, basically since I got more into using Fujifilm cameras. DXO don’t support X-Tans sensors.

I find it interesting what software others prefer to use, and also the results they get with it. I look forward to reading other’s comments.

I currently have DxO PL4 but all I use it for is what it sounds like this product does, i.e. basic demosaic, lens corrections, and NR and outputs a DNG file back to LR/PS. I've downloaded the free trial but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Just wondering if anyone has done so.
I've looked into it and it seems to be aimed at people that don't have PL but would want to gain access to the camara-lens corrections and noise reduction from PL, to be used with their processing software of choice.
Not useful when you are using PL itself.

Pure Raw, as you noted, doesn't do anything that pl4 doesn't do. If all you are using it for is the lens correction and noise reduction the interface at pure raw looks easier to use.
I have about the same workflow for some of my color work, but did not see a reason to add another version of dxo.
gary

Real Name
Dan
I downloaded the trial and gave it a spin. I rarely change the auto select settings in PL4 so the results look the same with Deep Prime NR and profile corrections applied in PureRaw. From a workflow standpoint with my stand alone version of LR6 it's actually easier with PL4 which has a plugin. PureRaw functions as a stand alone so I have to then import the resultant image to LR. Not sure if it functions differently with the current version of LR/PS. Knowing what I know now and with no plans to abandon LR I'd probably buy PureRaw rather than PL4. But makes no sense with a current PL4 license.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
My friend Rob (Rob Trek on YouTube) has some excellent videos he made recently on DxO PureRaw. He loves it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4k4g9LVWmGOidD7tzRnYFg

Latest threads

Top Bottom