1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

DxO Viewpoint

Discussion in 'Other Raw Processors' started by Pa, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Has anyone tried this software? Is it worth the $60 they ask?

I will take advantage of the 30-day free trial, but I would be interested in other people's experience also.

2. I've had it for some time, now. It's a good plugin. However, they do put it on sale for a better price than that. I think I got it for 50% off. Seems like they do that, or did, a couple of times a year. Doesn't Lightroom have something similar? I don't use LR, but seem to recall such.

3. I've used Viewpoint and Filmpack since the very early days and have come to appreciate the very fast and accurate automatic distortion correction.

4. When I bought the upgrade to my ancient DXO a few months ago they gave me viewpoint gratis. It works but given that I don't do a huge amount of architectural shooting, I wouldn't have paid $60 US for it.

Larry

5. I've about stopped using Lightroom as I like DxO PhotoLab better. I'll watch for sales but I want to try it first. So far I'm not impressed but it's probably because I don't know how to use it yet.

6. Did you guys learn how to use it just by experimentation?

p.s. I've found a tutorial to work through.

7. Bart

Bart

Sep 20, 2009
    Me as well.

don't forget these incorporate into DxO PhotoLab as well once you have a licence.

8. They didn't at first, but I see that they do now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.