Dyle Beach and local birds

Discussion in 'Birds' started by JerseyJay, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Took those images on July 4th prior to fireworks. Those were taken at 12 o'clock afternoon so hard shadows played huge part.

D2X w/ 70-200VR

dylebeach1.

dylebeach2.

dylebeach3.

dylebeach4.

dylebeach5.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Outstanding series, Jay. Each image is well compositioned and the lighting is superb. Each is a poster shot. The third image is probably my favorite if I had to choose.

3. Frank,

Thanks for your feedback. Glad you like them.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice flight shots Jay. Every one is sharp and well exposed. I'm sort of looking forward to the Gulls coming back to the local pond this winter. They are very graceful birds and as we have said before, they make great shooting targets.

5. You have a very nice series of shots here Jay. The sharpness is there on every single shot and your composition is good as well.

6. Thanks Frank and Gordon.

The more I look into Bird section, the more I go to the Zoo and the more I take pictures of birds, the more I crave for 200-400 or 500mm.

I need help !

7. Nice shots Jay, cant add much then what was said already except that the DOF makes the images, great job

8. Great shots Jay. Hard to pick one over the other, but the 2nd one does it for me.

louie

9. Yep, LLD has bitten another victim. Don't succumb Jay until you are sure. Those puppies are not cheap. :cool:

10. Keith and Louis

Thank guys !!!!

--------

Gordon,

LLD indeed. Honestly I can't believe that I'm actually paying attention to those type of monsters. But hey, maybe one day :)

11. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Great series, Jay. Good action shots, good composition, and you dealt with the harsh light very well.
    Gordon

12. Thanks Gordon.

PS. You should come with us to Bronx Zoo on Saturday September 17th !

Let me know