E-Commerce Site

Hey everyone!

I've decided I want to add a store to my site where I can sell prints, calendars, wallpaper, etc. Up to this point I have done everything on my site... but I've never done an online store before. I plan to use Paypal as my method of transaction. I wouldn't mind programming it myself either, unless something perfect would pop up.

Anyway, all the downloadable ecommerce systems I've looked into (OsCommerce, Zen Cart, etc) are for huge retailers with tons of products, tons of customers, and tons of quantities... Obviously I'm wanting something small and much more manageable.

What are you using to handle your online store?

OSCommerce is one of the worst possible options. The templating system is complete garbage.

For smaller stuff you could hand code in buy it now buttons for PayPal payment. If I was to ever do an online ordering option for photography (I don't feel I am as advanced in my photography knowledge to do such a thing), but I would use Drupal/Ubercart hands down. All open source, and fairly easy to change the look of and setup payment configurations.

Since it seems like your using WordPress for your blog, they have some ecommerce options as well.

I'm actually currently building my own store... using these templates and tutorials as a guide. As I'm doing it sparingly because my time is limited... it should take a while. Once I have it up and running though, I'll let you know!

Shopping Cart Tutorial

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom