1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Eagle and Moon

Discussion in 'Merritt Island VI' started by Bolts, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Friday at the cemetery, the moon rose perfectly behind the eagle’s tree. We had to wait a while for the eagle, but she then sat in one place for about an hour and a half.

Incoming!
    MIVI09_01.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is my good side. Hey, wait, I don’t have a bad side! (-0.3 was not enough.)
    MIVI09_15.jpg

What’s that biting my tail feathers???
    MIVI09_16.jpg

Randy has this same shot, only better.
    MIVI09_17.jpg

2. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Fabulous, Pia! Just wonderful... :biggrin: But was that Friday after you left us at the Columbia? :confused: 

3. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    These were shot Friday before the Columbia which was after the bar on the intercoastal which was before the bar on the Gulf where we watched the sunset which, for Randy and me, was after the trip to the hawks. No, wait, these were shot Thursday…

Phil, Randy and I WILLED that eagle to land with the moon behind him.

4. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Pia I love that second capture.

5. mattcham

mattcham Guest

Beautiful portrait with the moon! Wow!

6. Nicely done Pia. Pity on the buttshots.

7. Ahhh the St. Pete eagles. Wish I was there. Nice set Pia. Did you run into Jose or Ron there? have not seen them since last year.

8. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Thanks, Harry. Wait until you see Randy's shot at the same time.

Thanks! Never shot a bird at f/22 before :smile:

Thanks, Alex - Buttshots on an eagle ain't so bad; when you've stood in a cemetary for 3 hours watching an eagle do nothing, a good tail-feather cleaning is cause for celebration.

Ran into Jose's two friends that live in the area a few weeks back while Jessie was in town, and Jose showed up half an hour later. He's his same old self - good for him.

Missed you at MIVI - needed another non-tripod shooter.

Thanks, Louis!

9. That moon is cool. I was there the next day and the moon was much too high in the sky by the time the eagle decided to land.

10. yea, what she said

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.