Eagle and Moon

Friday at the cemetery, the moon rose perfectly behind the eagle’s tree. We had to wait a while for the eagle, but she then sat in one place for about an hour and a half.

Incoming!
MIVI09_01.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is my good side. Hey, wait, I don’t have a bad side! (-0.3 was not enough.)
MIVI09_15.jpg

What’s that biting my tail feathers???
MIVI09_16.jpg

Randy has this same shot, only better.
MIVI09_17.jpg

These were shot Friday before the Columbia which was after the bar on the intercoastal which was before the bar on the Gulf where we watched the sunset which, for Randy and me, was after the trip to the hawks. No, wait, these were shot Thursday…

Phil, Randy and I WILLED that eagle to land with the moon behind him.

Pia I love that second capture.

Thanks, Harry. Wait until you see Randy's shot at the same time.

Beautiful portrait with the moon! Wow!

Thanks! Never shot a bird at f/22 before :smile:

Nicely done Pia. Pity on the buttshots.

Thanks, Alex - Buttshots on an eagle ain't so bad; when you've stood in a cemetary for 3 hours watching an eagle do nothing, a good tail-feather cleaning is cause for celebration.

Ahhh the St. Pete eagles. Wish I was there. Nice set Pia. Did you run into Jose or Ron there? have not seen them since last year.

Ran into Jose's two friends that live in the area a few weeks back while Jessie was in town, and Jose showed up half an hour later. He's his same old self - good for him.

Missed you at MIVI - needed another non-tripod shooter.

Nice set Pia.

Thanks, Louis!

Real Name
Randy
These were shot Friday before the Columbia which was after the bar on the intercoastal which was before the bar on the Gulf where we watched the sunset which, for Randy and me, was after the trip to the hawks. No, wait, these were shot Thursday…

Phil, Randy and I WILLED that eagle to land with the moon behind him.

yea, what she said

Latest threads

Top Bottom