Eagle (Columbus Zoo)

Nice shot Derek. I'm embarrassed to say it, but, I've lived in central Ohio for 42 years and have never been to the Columbus Zoo. I just might have to visit there to see this bird up close and personal.
Thanks for the prod.

Great shot Derek...last time I was home in Cols, I went to the Zoo. The Bald Eagles were out of their cage for repairs and cleaning. Thanks for sharing what I missed.

Bob - you gotta go! It's one of the best zoos in the country. Jack Hanna really truned it around during his tenure. It'll be worth the drive...only about 60 mins from Pleasantville (between Buckeye Lake and Lancaster, right?).

C

Cory,
You’re right – the zoo is only about an hour’s drive from here. So, I don’t have a good excuse. We occasionally see eagles soaring high above at home, and a friend got a shot of one feeding on the ground just a couple of miles from my house. They’re making a good comeback in Ohio – there was a report of a nest at Buckeye Lake.

You probably have quite a few Red-tailed Hawks in the area too...they are quite prevalent in the Central OH area.

Git in the car and go! Very OH-speak there innit?

;)

C

Latest threads

Top Bottom