Eagle encounter

Like anywhere else, we have nesting Eagles living downtown. :cool:

This particular nest has 2 eaglets in it. Since its way up there, I decided to try my 1.3x setting to get up close to the action, the female eagle standing guard.
Having a small cheap walk-around zoom on the cam I wasn’t expecting much, then I noticed the male eagle coming back to the nest, not having any time to prepare I just swung around and fired off a bunch of shots. Overall probably my best eagle shots to date, purely by accident.

Eagle5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Eagle9.jpg

Eagle12.jpg

Eagle1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I was in Vancouver last week, West, and saw an eagle while walking along English Bay. Then I saw several when heading out to White Rock. Didn't get any photos, so I'll just admire yours - which are stellar!

awesome.. how do you tell male v Female as we have them where I live and the audobon folks told me, the male and female are painted the same...I thought the brown ones were Female but she told me, those were juvi birds, not mature and get full color at at 5 years.

that is all I know.. but any help would be appreciated as I am trying to shoot Eagles, but they are pretty fast and here, do not like you to get close at all.

awesome.. how do you tell male v Female as we have them where I live and the audobon folks told me, the male and female are painted the same...I thought the brown ones were Female but she told me, those were juvi birds, not mature and get full color at at 5 years.

that is all I know.. but any help would be appreciated as I am trying to shoot Eagles, but they are pretty fast and here, do not like you to get close at all.

I made that assumption based on eyeballing the bird once it landed on the tree beside the one that was there already.
The female is always 30% larger than the male, hence my visual ID.

Eagle11.jpg

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom