Eagle on the Beach

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Retief, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Louie and I went out for a short trip yesterday morning, found great light and some real Bonus Bald Eagles. These are the first, an Eagle that Louie spotted on the beach. To come over the next few days, some little Eaglets ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D200 witht the 200-400 AFS VR f4, handheld.

2. What a terrific series, Dewey!!! That second shot is superb. Looking forward to the eaglet shots.

3. Bill, what a beautiful series, these are all terrific shots. You did good by getting out of the car, my shots of the same eagle didn't quick do from within the car shooting out the window. The second to the last shot is really a great shot.

Louie

4. Beautiful series Bill. Handheld? Those biceps must be growing!

5. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    All of these are very nice Bill! Can't wait to see the eaglets.

6. Nice catch!! The second one is great!!!

7. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Bill,
    great series...I love #2 & #3

8. Nice photos Bill Can you take a good look at the neck of this bird and see if you can make out what that mark is on the neck just in backof the eye and in the white plumage. Maybe from your raw file you can see it better. Just wondering as it does not look like the natural plumage.
    Lou

9. Thanks, all, the comments are very much appreciated. You have all seen, I hope (and if you haven't go and look please), at Louie's superb shots of this bird as well. I'm really glad he saw it before I drove past and scared it off. Now if the 2 women bikers had just been a bit more courteous and not driven by while we were shooting it would have been even better.

Lou, I can't really tell if that is some sort of stain, oil or something, on the festhers or just a dark patch of feathers on birds neck. I did notice that, and though about changing it, but this is really what it looked like. Do you have any ideas? I'd be happy to give you access to a full-sized NEF if you want to take a closer look. Do they ever have a small patch that stays dark like that?

10. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Thanks for the pictures! I have never seen our nations national bird in the wild. I saw one in a zoo in Orlando once. I live a couple of hours from real foot lake in TN/KY. They have a few Eagles that winter there. I don't think you can get near that close. Thanks for sharing and I hope to see the same in the wild one day

11. Bill,

how can you possibly hand hold that lens? Anyhow - just beautiful series. Congratulations on your excellent camera work.

Lil

12. Those are nice Bill, I mean "NICE"

13. Great series Bill!

14. Bill these are some fine shots and look even better on my home monitor. I see some of these hanging on a wall real soon.

15. Outstanding! I am going to look for Louie's as well